The Coronado National Forest in southern Arizona will soon be filling a support services specialist detail position while working to also fill the position permanently. This position will support the Forest engineering and minerals programs. The detail and permanent position will be located at the Supervisor’s Office in Tucson, Arizona. The Coronado is a complex Forest with a multitude of challenges and opportunities that bring national attention. We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, and motivated individual willing and able to continue our efforts in being an employer of choice.
ABOUT THE POSITION…
This position helps to support the engineering and minerals shop of the Coronado by
- Creating, monitoring, and editing Workplans to reflect needs of the shop within Regional allocations
- Use FMMI and Workplan reports to track and report expenditures in standard engineering codes as well as in special project BLIs
- Procure office, road crew, facilities, minerals materials and supplies as needed
- Track personnel time and advise employees of days remaining in appropriate job code
- Personnel processing: entering and submitting SF-52s as needed, approving travel and timesheets as needed
- Track engineering road crew heavy equipment fleet use monthly and adjust budget accordingly.
- Enter IAS requisitions and WPAPs as necessary
- Schedule electronic meetings and performance appraisals as requested
- Other Miscellaneous Engineering/minerals support functions.